Upcoming American Translators Assoc. Conference in LA

Fri Oct 19 20:47:26 UTC 2001

Nora Favorov wrote:

> Dear Fellow Seelangers,
> November 1-4 the American Translators Association will be holding its
> annual conference in Los Angles at the Millenium Biltmore Hotel.  Any
> of you in Southern California with students interested in a career in
> translation may want to inform them of this event.  Because of the
> cost, only serious prospective translators will be interested.  (And
> they will need to demonstrate that they are currently enrolled
> students to qualify for the reduced registration.) The cost of a
> student membership in ATA for the second half of 2001 and all of 2002
> is $75.  Conference registration is $130 before October 26 and $150
> thereafter (for students).  A slightly out-of-date listing of Slavic
> Languages Division presentations can be found at:
> http://www.atanet.org/conf2001/sl.htm
>
> A more up-to-date listing is given in our newsletter, the SlavFile,
> which can be viewed at:
> http://www.ata-divisions.org/SLD/PDF/SlavFile-Fall-01.pdf
>
> Although many of the sessions will have practical value to prospective
> translators, the greatest value of all will come from "hobnobbing"
> with professionals.
>
> Information about the conference, registration and the ATA in general can be
> found through:
> http://www.atanet.org

ROOMMATE WANTED for LA Oct. 30-Nov. 3 (ATA conf.)

Any of the menfolk going to the ATA Conference?

I have an extra bed in the room at the Millenium Biltmore and could use
a roommate to split the charges.

Absolutely no smoking in the room.

Five nights much preferred (dates as noted above), though I might accept
offers for four at this late date.

Reasonably sane people preferred (at least one of us has to be!).

RSVP ASAP privately, thanks.

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com