Fw: Fedin and Slonimsky: a request for assistance

Andrew Jameson a.jameson at DIAL.PIPEX.COM
Tue Sep 4 14:54:05 UTC 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: D.Shepherd <D.G.Shepherd at SHEFFIELD.AC.UK>
To: <RUSSIAN-STUDIES at JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Tuesday, September 04, 2001 2:57 PM
Subject: Fedin and Slonimsky: a request for assistance

Please reply directly to Christine A. Rydel (<rydelc at gvsu.edu>).

I am currently editing two volumes in the series, Dictionary of
Literary Biography, one of which is entitled,  Russian Prose Writers
Between the  Wars. Unfortunately one of my contributors is unable
to write two essays, one on Konstantin Aleksandrovich Fedin (6,000
words exclusive of bibliography) and another on Mikhail Leonidovich
Slonimsky (3,500 words exclusive of bibliography). My immutable
deadline is 1 October 2001. However, I can extend a deadline for
these two essays only until 15 October. The payment is minimal
($120.00 for the Fedin and $70.00 for the Slonimsky). The essays
are mainly biographical, with discussion of the works interpolated at
appropriate junctures. I urgently seek a contributor or contributors
who will be able to work under the pressures of an unreasonable
deadline. Thank you for your serious consideration of my urgent
appeal.

Christine A. Rydel
Professor of Russian
Grand Valley State University