OCS

Marcus Levitt levitt at RCF.USC.EDU
Tue Sep 4 21:02:14 UTC 2001

Dear Colleagues,
  I would like to find out when the label "Old Church Slav(on)ic"
began to be used.  My impression is that  "staro-tserkovno-
slavianskii" only gained currency in the later 19th century (perhaps
by analogy to other "old" languages?).  Can any of you help here?
  Thanks,
  M. Levitt

Marcus C. Levitt, Associate Professor
Chair, Dept. of Slavic Languages and Literatures
The University of Southern California
Los Angeles, CA 90089-4353

Please note that all e-mail should be sent to me at
<Levitt at usc.edu> and not to <Levitt at hermes.usc.edu>.

tel. (213) 740-2736
fax  (213) 740-8550