Cyrillic keyboards for Win2000 -- results

Donald Loewen djloewen at BINGHAMTON.EDU
Wed Sep 12 15:12:17 UTC 2001

A few weeks ago I was looking for information on how to install (and keep)
transliterated Russian keyboard files in Windows 2000.

After some trial and error I found some helpful information.  I ended up
using the method and basic keyboard layout offered free of charge by Paul
Gorodyansky.  It has information and files that will help you to install
modified keyboard layouts in most versions of Windows, including NT and
2000.  He has many informative pages, but the one that was most directly
applicable was:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/kbd_eng.htm#p1251

I am used to a slightly different keyboard layout than the one included
with Mr. Gorodyansky's "zip" file, so I modified it with a very helpful
keyboard layout manager that was recommended on Mr. Gorodyansky's
site.  You can read his instructions on how to modify the keyboard layout
in English here:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/mod_eng.htm

and in Russian here:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/PaulGor/mod_win.htm