Americans helping Muslims

Hoyte & Elena King babyaking at STRATOS.NET
Thu Sep 13 04:53:53 UTC 2001

I read the two messages put on the Seelangs board with a great deal of
suprise.  I too do not see them as appropriate, but since they were
posted, wish to reply.

I spent a year as a Russian linguist with the US Army in Kosovo,
helping to bring peace to a troubled region.  The US is helping
everyone there, but the MUSLIM Albanians benifit the most.  We are not
there because they are Muslims, but because we are more able than most
to enforce principles of honor in a troubled world.  The fact that the
majority of Albanians are Muslims has been and will be irrelevant.

I personally take exception to the impression given in the two
articles to the effect that it is US policy to persecute.  This is not
the attitude of the US Army or its soldiers.  I have heard much much
worse from Russian soldiers and officers about Chechnya than what is
described in those two articles, by the way.

Hoyte King