East European accounts of US events

Erik Brynolfson erikbrynolfson at YAHOO.COM
Thu Sep 13 14:15:07 UTC 2001

Prof. Flier is no doubt right to say that this list is
for "topics of interest to teachers of Slavic and East
European languages and literatures."  The awful series
of events in the US is certainly one such topic.
     I can personally say that I am in the Slavic
field partly because I want to be able to see the
world from as many perspectives as possible
simultaneously.  I hope we will see more articles like
the Chomsky and Fisk pieces posted by Mr. Oushakine.
Even better, perhaps those SEELANGS contributors with
access to the (non-internet) East European media could
post summaries of articles and radio and tv accounts
of Tuesday's events.  I can't speak for the rest of
the list, but I would be interested in this; only so
much information is available on the Web.
     I hope this would fit with everyone's opinion of
what this list is for; if not, I apologize.

Erik Brynolfson
grad student, UW-Madison