Books to Review

John Bartle jbartle at hamilton.edu
Tue Sep 25 22:29:41 UTC 2001

Dear Seelangers--

I write you as the new Book Review Editor for the Slavic and East
European Journal.  The SEEJ page has been updated, and you will find
several new entries under the "books seeking reviewers" section.  A
few recent additions:

--Davis, Leslie Dorfman.  Serapion Sister:  The Poetry of Elizaveta
Polonskaja.  Evanston, Illinois; Northwestern University Press, 2001.
268 pp.

--Hansen-Löve, Aage A., Reuther, Tilmann.  Wiener Slawistischer
Almanach.  München, Germany; Hofdruck & Verlag, 2000.  280 pp.

--Henry, Peter, V. I. Porudominsky, M. M. Girshman, eds. Vsevolod
Garshin at the Turn of the Century.  An International Symposium in
Three Volumes.  Vsevolod Garshin na rubezhe vekov.  Mezhdunarodnyi
sbornik v trekh  tomakh.  Oxford:  Northgate Press, 2000.
Bibliography.  Index.  Vol. 1: 275pp.  Vol.2: 300pp.  Vol. 3:248pp.

--Kolchinsky, Irene.  The Revival of the Russian Literary
Avant-Garde:  The Thaw Generation and Beyond.  München, Germany;
Verlag Otto Sagner, 2001.  208 pp.

--Ketchian, Sonia I.  Keats and the Russian Poets.  Birmingham, UK;
University of Birmingham, 2001.  308 pp.

--Livingstone, Angela, guest ed.  Essays in Poetics: The Journal of
the British Neo-Formalist Circle.  Staffordshire, UK, 2001.  167 pp..

--Platonov, Andrey.  Happy Moscow.  London: The Harvill Press, 2001.  154 pp.

If you would like to review these or any other titles, please write
me directly or visit the SEEJ website at:

http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel/AATSEEL/seej/seej.html

Special thanks to outgoing editor Sibelan Forrester, who has worked
hard to make the transition painless for me and to David Galloway,
who helped me get this webpage up and running.  Please write me
directly with any questions or concerns about the book review section.

John Bartle

--
John Bartle
Associate Editor of Book Reviews