U CH K

Paul B. Gallagher paulbg at pbg-translations.com
Wed Sep 26 18:45:11 UTC 2001

lkeefe wrote:

> Can anyone tell me quickly what U Ch K (SWJ) stands for?  It was in an
> article that refers to Albanian SWJ.
> Or send me to a good online dictionary that might have this in it!
> Thanks
> Leann Keefe

This one's usually pretty good for Russian acronyms:
http://www.sokr.ru/

However, the one you gave is not Russian, it's transliterated from
Albanian. It's often rendered in English as UCK, but the Albanian form
is UGK (cedilla under the C). Another popular rendition is KLA, for
Kosova Liberation Army.

HTH

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.