translation fees

Mon Dec 2 22:35:04 UTC 2002

Genevra Gerhart wrote:

> It is surely not price fixing if a range can be suggested.  Is the minimum
> wage considered price fixing?

There's a lot of paranoia within the ATA about this, and the Association
has done much to promote it over the years. Their view is that if they
go overboard, they cannot be accused of complicity.

As a practical matter, I don't think anyone on this list has the
reputation and the clout to move the market even if he wanted to, but
your attorney may differ with this unofficial, illegal, er, nonlegal
opinion. ;-)

Surely the FTC has bigger fish to fry? (don't quote me on that, I don't
want John Poindexter and John Ashcroft going through my drawers looking
for evidence)

Paul B. Gallagher
pbg translations, inc.
http://pbg-translations.com