financial aid

Charles Gribble gribble.3 at OSU.EDU
Wed Dec 4 00:53:05 UTC 2002

The Department of Slavic and East European Languages and Literatures at The
Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio announces the availability of
financial support for new graduate students in our Department in the
2003-2004 academic year.

We offer Graduate Teaching Associateships, University Fellowships (for new
students), FLAS Title VI fellowships, and several other kinds of financial
aid.  GTA and UF awards are open to students from all countries.

Graduate Teaching Associates regularly teach courses in the Russian, Czech,
Polish, Romanian, and Serbo-Croatian languages, Russian literature and
Russian culture on the undergraduate level, and occasionally teach other
courses, such as Polish literature and
film for undergraduates, and Bulgarian and Ukrainian languages.  All GTAs
take a two-week training seminar before classes begin and receive further
teacher training and education throughout the school year. Last year our
Department's GTAs won two of the ten total Graduate Teaching Awards given
throughout the entire University (which has 3,400 GTAs).
Another GTA won one of ten Graduate Student Leadership Awards. A
Departmental atmosphere of mutual respect and assistance between faculty
and graduate students contributes to the
teaching success of our GTAs.

The Department of Slavic and East European Languages and Literatures offers
the M.A. and Ph.D degrees with specialization in Russian Literature or
Slavic Linguistics.

For more information on the Department, our academic programs,
faculty,current students, application procedures and deadlines, go to our
web site: www.slavic.ohio-state.edu.  The Graduate Student Handbook
contains detailed information.

In case of questions write to:
Professor Charles E. Gribble