Theater in Moscow

Ulrike Baur ulrikebaur at YAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 16 15:10:09 UTC 2002

Hi,

My name is Ulrike Baur.  I am an undergraduate at Princeton and will be
studying Russian for foreigners at the Moscow International University
next semester.  I was wondering if you could help me with any tips for the
following points and questions about theater possibilities in Moscow:

I am looking for an internship with a theater, if possible assisting a
director, both during my program and in the summer (in case any theater
will be open in June and July), and
I want to take acting lessons (I was hoping that I could join some classes
at the Moscow Art Theater or at another school).

I am also looking for a theater program in Moscow (or another Russian
city) for the fall semester 2003.  I applied to the program of the
National Theater Institute in Connecticut at the Moscow Art Theater.
However, it turned out that my university will not approve this program
since it is not completely conducted in Russian.  Do you know of any
semester-long theater programs in Russia that are conducted in Russian?

And, finally, do you know a theater group in Moscow that I could join
during my stay there and can you recommend any schools or classes for
modern dance there?

Thank you very much.  I am looking forward to your responses!