Introductory Russian Chat Room

Mikhail Gronas mikhail.gronas at DARTMOUTH.EDU
Tue Dec 17 00:42:34 UTC 2002

Dear colleagues presently teaching beginning Russian, especially those of
you using Russian stage one live from Moscow:

We at Dartmouth are eager to set up a Russian language chat room for our
students (and for all interested in participating) this coming winter. We
will be starting Unit 5 the first week in January – why don’t we get our
students to chat back and forth in Russian? Perhaps we, as their teachers,
can even set up some network assignments for them to do together. But in
order to start this we’d like to know how many of you would like to have
your schools participate. We are contacting you now about the beginning
level but it will certainly be possible to do at more advanced levels.
Please,  let us know if you’d like to participate – and if so approximately
how many students (and at what level) might be involved.
Thanks so much,

Debby Garretson, Mikhail Gronas