"decadent" films

Melissa Frazier mfrazier at MAIL.SLC.EDU
Sun Feb 3 21:16:31 UTC 2002

Dear Seelangers,

One of my colleagues is putting together a film festival and he'd like to
include at least two Russian films.  His theme, as he describes it, is
"decadence" which is taken
>in its most general sense, i.e., in terms of content (such as Fellini's
Satyricon)
>or form (late modernism, etc.), or even films dealing with themes of
exhaustion,
>the end of cinema or of an era...

Would anyone out there have any suggestions for us?  I'd appreciate any
thoughts sent to me at mfrazier at slc.edu.

Thank you,

Melissa Frazier