Inquiry: Funds for a Ph.D. project (Czech language in the US)

Veronika Zavrelova veronika_z at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 4 12:40:58 UTC 2002

Dear SEELANG members,

I have an inquiry regarding funding of my Ph.D. project.
The title of the doctoral dissertation is "Dealing with new communicative
situations in a new environment - language of Czech/Czech-American
communities in the USA."
I worked on the project in Lincoln, NE (December 2000 - August 2001), where
I also taught a course "Czech Immigrant Experience in the US" at the UNL -
History Department.
The purpose and aims of the dissertation are to collect, document and
analyze the level of preservation and maintenance of Czech language in the
USA throughout immigrant generations of Czech descent.
There has been done a significant amount of research in the field, the
project can be successfully finished.
I would like to ask you if you know and/or can suggest any potential sources
of funding, so I can finish the project.
Regarding this project; a successful communication has been established with
Dr. Marc Greenberg (Chair and Professor at the Department of Slavic
Languages and Literatures at the University of Kansas, Lawrence).

If you have any questions/or should I provide any additional information
regarding this project, I will be happy to do so.

Thank you for your time, ideas and replies to this inquiry.

Sincerely,
Veronika Zavrelova
veronika_z at hotmail.com