call for papers for Slavic Cognitive Linguistics Association meeting

Laura Janda lajanda at EMAIL.UNC.EDU
Thu Feb 7 22:16:30 UTC 2002

Dear Slavic Linguists,
        I am writing to tell you about an upcoming meeting of the Slavic
Cognitive Linguistics Association. Thanks to the wonderful generosity of
our Finnish colleagues, and Prof. Tuomas Huumo in particular, we will hold
our 2002 conference in Turku, Finland. This will be a joint conference
with the Finnish Cognitive Linguistics Association. The dates have been
tentatively set for Sept 13-15, and it appears that we will have some very
prominent linguists (tentative plenarists include William Croft, Michael
Tomasello, and Ekaterina Raxilina) as keynote speakers.
        CALL FOR PAPERS for SCLA conference in Turku in 2002:
We encourage abstracts for 20-minute papers on any Slavic language
analyzed from the perspective of cognitive linguistics (please see our
link on http://www.seelrc.org and
http://www.indiana.edu/~slavconf/SLING2K/pospapers/janda.pdf for
descriptions of our organization and its mission).
        Please submit your abstract by April 1, 2002.
        Please submit an abstract equivalent to one typed page
to: janda at unc.edu
        You may submit your abstract in English or in any Slavic language.
        You may submit your abstract as text in an email message or as an
attachment. If you choose to send your abstract as an attachment, please
be sure to use MSWord 98 or higher and to use Unicode fonts for Slavic
languages (Times CE and Times CY on Macintosh  Unicode fonts should be
standard for newer PCs). Please be sure to include your contact
information (name, affiliation, address, email address) in the body of
your abstract.
        I look forward to seeing you in Turku!
        --laura janda