Dostoevsky: "I am a realist in the higher sense."

Jane Knox-Voina jknox at BOWDOIN.EDU
Wed Feb 20 19:24:52 UTC 2002

Dear Julie,  Dostoevsky probably wrote this is a letter of her dvenik.
I know that Mochulsky quotes this phrase in his book on Dostoevsky, the
chapter on -Crime and Punishment-, I believe.  I am sure that he would
give a footnote.  Jane Knox-Voina, Russian Department, Bowdoin College