Drinking Songs

Michael Denner mdenner at STETSON.EDU
Thu Feb 21 15:00:59 UTC 2002

I've taught my students drinking songs several times -- they love them, even
though the language is usually somewhat archaic and difficult.

A list of застольные песни и тосты (drinking songs) with all the lyrics can
be found in the ever-useful "culinary encyclopedia" at www.km.ru. The URL
is: http://mega.km.ru/kitchen/content.asp?rubr=20901#stop (your browser may
incorrectly parse that address so you may have to cut and paste the entire
address into your browser).

You can then listen to most of the songs (REAL audio) at www.rbcmp3.com.
Follow this link:
http://www.rbcmp3.com/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=15571&sku=15623

Which is one of the numerous folk albums they have there (there are others:
http://www.rbcmp3.com/store/dept.asp?dept%5Fid=15571). You'll find a play
list. You can listen to streaming versions by going to the bottom of the
page and clicking CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO THE ALBUM. You can listen to
Калинка, Катюша, Стенька Разин (my favorite), etc.

Happy singing & drinking!

mad

Michael A. Denner
Russian Studies Department