Call for Panel Declarations, AATSEEL 2002

Karen Evans-Romaine evans-ro at OAK.CATS.OHIOU.EDU
Thu Jan 3 15:14:30 UTC 2002

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the AATSEEL Program Committee, I would like to thank the
conference participants and reviewers who made the 2001 AATSEEL annual
meeting in New Orleans such a success. We are now preparing for the 2002
conference.

This year's AATSEEL annual meeting will be held in New York on 27-30
December. We invite you to submit panel declarations in linguistics,
literature and culture, and pedagogy to be published in the Call for Papers
in the February AATSEEL Newsletter. The deadline for panel declarations to
be published in the Newsletter's Call for Papers is 10 January 2002. The
Call for Papers, including panel declarations that arrive later than 10
January, will also be published on the AATSEEL conference web site.

We invite panel chairs to submit brief descriptions of their panels in
those cases where the panel title alone might not sufficiently explain the
intent of the panel.

The Program Committee would like to emphasize that panel chairs are welcome
to shape their own panels and to invite participants to submit abstracts
for a specific panel. (Chairs may not, however, present papers at their own
panels.) Abstracts of all who wish to give papers are due by 15 April or 1
August and subject to double-blind peer review. Authors may submit an
abstract for a specific panel or for the conference as a whole.

We would also like to remind you that all conference participants must be
AATSEEL members in good standing for 2002 or request a membership waiver.
Membership renewal forms will be sent later this year. You may also see the
AATSEEL web site about membership at http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~aatseel.

If you wish to post a panel declaration, please send the form appended
below to one of the following contact persons. You are welcome to submit a
panel declaration form by e-mail, fax, or post. We look forward to hearing
from you, by 10 January if possible.

With best wishes,

Karen Evans-Romaine
Chair, AATSEEL Program Committee

Contact Persons:

Dr. Eloise Boyle (pedagogy)
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Washington
Box 353580
Seattle, WA 98195
Phone: 206-543-7580
Fax: 206-593-0053
Email: emboyle at u.washington.edu

Professor Alla Nedashkivska (linguistics)
Department of Modern Languages
University of Alberta
200 Arts Building
Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2E6
Canada
Phone: 780-492-3498
Fax: 780-492-9106
Email: alla.nedashkivska at ualberta.ca

Professor Karen Evans-Romaine (literature and culture)
Department of Modern Languages
Ohio University
Gordy Hall 283
Athens, OH 45701-2979
Phone: 740-593-2791 (office), 740-593-2765 (dept)
Fax: 740-593-0729
Email: evans-ro at ohio.edu

Panel Declaration Form:

Panel or Forum Title:
Chair's Name:
Chair's Academic Affiliation (or Independent Scholar):
Chair's Postal Address:
Chair's Telephone:
Chair's Email Address:
Equipment and Other Special Requests (if any):
Brief Panel Description (optional):

Dr. Karen Evans-Romaine
Assistant Professor of Russian
Department of Modern Languages
Ohio University
Gordy Hall 283
Athens, OH 45701-2979
telephone: 740-593-2791 (office), 740-593-2765 (department)
fax: 740-593-0729
email: evans-ro at ohio.edu