Call for Papers - Slavic Forum Grad. Student Conference 2002

Laura Urbaszewski lashear at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Jan 7 17:36:45 UTC 2002

 SLAVIC FORUM 2002
 Canons and Classics

 Graduate Student Conference
 on Russian and Central/East European
 Literature, Linguistics and Culture
 April 12-13, 2002

 Deadline for submission of abstracts: FEBRUARY 1, 2002

The University of Chicago Slavic Department's annual conference, The Slavic
Forum will be held on the campus of the University of Chicago on April 12th and
13th, 2002. We invite graduate students working in the literatures and cultures
of Russia, Central and Eastern Europe to submit abstracts for a twenty-minute
presentation. This year we are pleased to continue our expansion of the
conference to include those working in Linguistics. Although we will gladly
consider proposals for any work in these fields, Slavic Forum 2002 would like to
encourage papers which focus on the classics and/or canons of the particular
fields represented in the conference.

 Slavic Forum 2002 will publish the proceedings of the conference
 electronically. Selected papers may appear in the first issue of The Slavic
 Forum Almanac. Information about the Slavic Forum, including programs from past
conferences, can be found at the University of Chicago Graduate Slavic Society
web site <http://humanities.uchicago.edu/orgs/slavgrad/>.

 Please send a one-page abstract (approximately 250 words or less) to Prof.
Robert Bird at bird at uchicago.edu by February 1, 2002.  Although we prefer to
receive abstracts via e-mail, they may also be sent by post to the following
address:

 Slavic Forum 2002
 Attn: Robert Bird
 University of Chicago