grad student conference:

Katherine Crosswhite crosswhi at LING.ROCHESTER.EDU
Wed Jan 23 16:51:56 UTC 2002

Dear List Members,

I am the person who maintains the conference listings on the AATSEEL
webpage.  I received the following email announcement from a
non-SEELANGS member for inclusion on the conference webpage.  I thought
I would also forward it to SEELANGS to make sure it comes to everyone's
attention.  Please respond to the email address(es) provided in the
announcement below.

Best regards,

Katherine Crosswhite

Dear sir or madam,

The NorthEastern Association of Slavic Graduate Students is organizing
its Third Annual Conference to be hosted by Brown University on March
9th, 2002.  Although there is no particular theme of the conference, we
are mostly encourage to apply people who work on comparative,
cross-century or interdisciplinary subjects such as the connections
between literature, art, film or philosophy. The deadline for the
submittion of abstracts is February 10th and the abstracts should be
directed to Kerry_Sabbag at brown.edu.

Although we are a regional organization, we are welcome people from
other parts of the country. The participants will be provided stay with
Brown students, and one travel grant for a person outside the region
will be given on a merit base ( best abstract)

We will be very happy if you can post this ad, and I hope it is not too
late yet-I am writing rather close to the deadline, so sooner it can
apper, better it will be.

Please, contact me at Marina_Aptekman at brown.edu