Mac Problem: Converting GLPS ABTOR III.2 files to a new Cyrillic font system

John Schillinger jschill at AMERICAN.EDU
Wed Jan 23 21:31:22 UTC 2002

    I've been attempting to make a transition from the GLPS ABTOP III
cyrillic fonts, which I was able to install on Mac operating systems up
through 8.1 but cannot install on 8.6.
    I'm working with a desktop G4 and a G3 Powerbook, on which I've
installed the fonts  produced by Dialect (NewtonC, etc).  This system
allows me to read e-mail and websites in Cyrillic, and to create new
documents in Cyrillic, but a decade's worth of files created in GLPS are
simply inaccessible at present.
    I've had no luck in getting any new fonts to read my old GLPS files,
though I had heard that the Dialect fonts could do it (Dialect itself
claims no such ability for its fonts).
    Has anyone encountered this problem and solved it?
--

John Schillinger

Dept. of Language and Foreign Studies

4400 Massachusetts Ave. NW