Call for Papers - Slavic Forum 2002

Laura Shear Urbaszewski lashear at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Jan 31 18:08:11 UTC 2002

To:  Graduate Students
From: The University of Chicago Slavic Forum Committee

There is still time to submit an abstract for the 2002 University of
Chicago Slavic Forum by the February 1st deadline. The call for papers is
included below.  We stress that we welcome submissions not only on this
year's theme "Canons and Classics," but on other topics in Slavic and
Eastern/Central European languages, literatures, and cultures.

Previous conference programs can be viewed here:
 http://humanities.uchicago.edu/orgs/slavgrad/About_the_GSS.html

______________________
CALL FOR PAPERS

 SLAVIC FORUM 2002

 Canons and Classics

 Graduate Student Conference
 on Russian and Central/East European
 Literature, Linguistics and Culture
 April 12-13, 2002

 Deadline for submission of abstracts: FEBRUARY 1, 2002

 Slavic Forum 2002 will be held on the campus of the University of Chicago
 on April 12th and 13th, 2002. We invite graduate students working in the
 literatures and cultures of Russia, Central and Eastern Europe to submit
 abstracts for a twenty-minute presentation. This year we are pleased to
 continue our expansion of the conference to include those working in
 Linguistics. Although we will gladly consider proposals for any work in
 these fields, Slavic Forum 2002 would like to encourage papers which
focus on the the classics and/or canons of the particular fields
represented in the conference.

 Slavic Forum 2002 will publish the proceedings of the conerence
 electronically. Selected papers may appear in the first issue of The
Slavic Forum Almanac.

 Please send a one-page abstract (approximately 250 words or less) to
Prof. Robert Bird at bird at uchicago.edu by February 1, 2002.

 Although we prefer to receive abstracts via e-mail, they may be sent by
 post to the following address:

 Slavic Forum 2002
 Attn.:Robert Bird
 University of Chicago