Computer question: Eudora and Russian?

Mon Jul 1 23:17:24 UTC 2002

Dear colleagues,

I'm thinking about maybe switching from Netscape 4.78 to Eudora 5.1 for
email, and I have a few questions:

1. Anyone using it regularly with Russian? Does it work, and work well,
or should I stay put? Does it cope with the various encodings, including
Unicode?

2. How well does it handle multiple accounts ("personalities"?). Is it
easy to switch from one to another, or is it a hassle?

3. I have quite a large collection of folders, old emails, message
filters, and so on in Netscape (Windows Explorer reports a total of some
135 MB of message folders). Will I be able to preserve these (ideally,
import them)? Does Eudora have any limits on the size of this material?
I seem to remember hearing something about keeping folders lean and
mean...

4. Anything else I should know?

TIA

Paul B. Gallagher