AATSEEL abstract deadline August 1

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Mon Jul 15 12:23:22 UTC 2002

        (Forwarded for Karen Evans-Romaine:)

Dear Colleagues,

The second deadline for submission of abstracts to the 2002 AATSEEL
meeting in New York is 1 August. By this deadline you may either
submit a revised abstract from the April round, or a new abstract.

AATSEEL members may also submit new panel declarations by 1 August.
We encourage panel chairs to shape the composition of panels by
recruiting panelists for them; each abstract author must, however,
submit his or her abstract to the appropriate Program Committee
contact person for peer review. We also ask that panel chairs who
receive abstracts forward a copy of them to the Program Committee.

The Program Committee prefers submission of abstracts by e-mail
whenever possible, preferably within the body of an e-mail message,
rather than by attachment. Although you are welcome to make
parenthetical references to sources within the text of your abstract,
or to include a bibliography with your abstract, we discourage the
use of footnotes or endnotes.

The Call for Papers, as well as guidelines on writing and submitting
abstracts, can be found on the AATSEEL Program Committee web site:

http://clover.slavic.pitt.edu/~djb/aatseel.html

Abstract authors must be AATSEEL members in good standing, or have an
appropriate waiver of membership, at the time they submit abstracts.
For membership guidelines, see the above site, and the general
AATSEEL web site:

http://www.aatseel.org

Please note that all correspondence related to AATSEEL membership
should go to the new AATSEEL Executive Director, Kathleen Dillon:

Kathleen E. Dillon
Executive Director, AATSEEL
P.O. Box 7039
Berkeley CA 94707-2306
Email: AATSEEL at Earthlink.net

Please send abstracts and panel declarations to the following contact people:

Dr. Karen Evans-Romaine (Literature and Culture)
Department of Modern Languages
Gordy Hall 283
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701-2979
Telephone: 740-593-2765 (department)
Fax: 740-593-0729
Email: evans-ro at ohio.edu

Dr. Alla Nedashkivska (Linguistics)
Department of Modern Languages
University of Alberta
200 Arts Building
Edmonton, Alberta T6G 2E6
Canada
Phone: 780-492-6800
Fax: 780-492-9106
Email: alla.nedashkivska at ualberta.ca

Dr. Eloise Boyle (Pedagogy)
Department of Slavic Languages and Literatures
University of Washington
Box 353580
Seattle, WA 98195
Phone: 206-543-7580
Fax: 206-593-6009
Email: emboyle at u.washington.edu

Thank you. We hope to see you in New York, 27-30 December.

With best wishes,

Karen Evans-Romaine
Chair, AATSEEL Program Committee

Dr. Karen Evans-Romaine