Recommendation for "Fellow Spam-Victims": MailWasher

Hans Igel igel at ONLINE.DE
Sun Jul 28 19:30:25 UTC 2002

Hi!

As a "victim of everyday spam" myself (not because of this mailing list
- but I'm sure everyone here knows what I mean), I found a simple tool
that helped me "retaliate" in some way.
Although this email of advice may almost appear like spam itself, you
will appreciate it just as much as I did when I first heard about it.
The tool is called MailWasher, is completely free and can be downloaded
at www.mailwasher.net.

Before you open your "dirty" mailbox in your Eudora or Outlook,
MailWasher will check it first and "wash out" all emails you don't want
- it will even generate an "email address unknown" response to the
original spammer that will make your email address appear invalid to
them, so they will stay away from you in the future... My spam has thus
decreased from maybe 20 a day to at most 5, wherefore I thought I'd
share my knowledge about this effective 'weapon' with you.

Since I'm at it with the advice: I also found a simple add-on for
MailWasher, which can easily configure all necessary settings - but best

of all, it offers a convenient "Auto-Receive" feature: MailWasher
requires you to disable the automatic Send/Receive function of your mail
client; and the Add-On provides a simple solution around this
inconvenience... So check it out as well at
www.impulsio.com/mwaddon/MWL/.

Hope it helps you, too!

All the Best,
Dr. Hans Igel