Mac Eudora and r

Greg Thomson gthomson at MAC.COM
Sat Jun 22 12:12:05 UTC 2002

I think I asked about this a long time ago, but got no response. Does
anyone else use Eudora 5.0 on a Mac? I'm having a problem that when I
cue messages in Russian, it changes all instances of lower case «„»
(that is, "g"--no doubt it appears as some other character on your
screen right now) to another character (in my font, Geneva Russian,
it is a diamond). I suspected the culprit was the feature that
"fixes" curley quotes before sending mail, and so I turned that off,
but the problem remains as before. Has anyone else had this problem
and solved it?
Cordially,
Greg