Displaying IPA

Kevin Hawkins khawkins at WAM.UMD.EDU
Sat Jun 29 13:33:16 UTC 2002

> Maybe somebody can explain what characters you are talking about.
> I have know idea what IPA means, and I suspect that I am not alone.

It's not even a technical computer term!  Just the International Phonetic
Alphabet, widely used by linguists.  More is available from the website of
the Internatioanl Phonetic Association (also "IPA") at
http://www2.arts.gla.ac.uk/IPA/ipachart.html .  By the way, the IPA site
provides a list of fonts with IPA glyphs.