Soviet Medicine

Jack Kollmann jack.kollmann at STANFORD.EDU
Sat Mar 2 05:31:36 UTC 2002

Works by Mark Field come to mind:  "Soviet Socialized Medicine:  An
Introduction," 1967; "Doctor and Patient in Soviet Russia," 1957; ed.,
"Success and Crisis in National Health Systems:  A Comparative Approach,"
1989; ed., with Judyth Twigg, "Russia's Torn Safety Nets:  Health and
Social Welfare During the Transition," 2000.  I don't know the field (no
pun intended), but I happen to have come across Mark's work.

Jack Kollmann
Stanford University