Russ. zajti : vojti

Edward M Dumanis dumanis at ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU
Thu Mar 7 14:35:30 UTC 2002

In the former Soviet Union, many people did not pay much attention to how
they should speak correctly, and interchangeable usage of the verbs with a
very close but clearly distinct meanings was quite common. However, the
norms were strictly observed in the mass media. So, it is not surprising
that their children do not follow the strict usage rules which were
abandoned by their parents.
If you are interested in the distinction between those verbs, I'll be glad
to answer any specific question you might have.

Sincerely,

Edward Dumanis <dumanis at acsu.buffalo.edu>