Kamkin books

cheryl07 cheryl07 at SATX.RR.COM
Sun Mar 10 19:10:54 UTC 2002

This is so sad....I'm not in the profession, just an ex-Russian
major who
struggles to keep up my language skills, but since my parents live
in
Maryland, I've been to Kamkin several times, and even my mother went
shopping there years ago, getting me a Christmas present of matching
lacquered tray, bowls, and spoons.  I've bought records (you see how
long
ago), books, and newspapers there.
   I feel so frustrated to be 2000 miles away, with no possibility
of
getting to Rockville any time soon, thinking of all those books, and
cds,
and everything else, even sitting in dumpsters, let alone being
burned!
   Of course, I have no library director to call, but I might try
contacting the one local university I know teaches Russian to see
what
they might be able to do.
  Donald Jacobsen, keep us up to date, please!
Cheryl Boone-Delgado, in Texas