To be or not to be

Steven Clancy sclancy at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Tue Mar 19 23:03:22 UTC 2002

Dear Eloise,

I also have a book under review for publication, part of which is on this
particular topic: "

Clancy, Steven J. Forthcoming. The Chain of BEING and HAVING in Slavic.

Relevant to what you ask about is a section on the semantic network that
the concept BE draws from as it develops and renews in a given
language. The situation in Russian is quite complex and in flux.

I have a PDF version I could send to anyone interested.

Steven

Steven Clancy
University of Chicago
Department of Slavic Languages & Literatures
1130 East 59th Street, Foster 406
Chicago, IL 60637