Deadline for March AAASS NewsNet

Elena Gapova e.gapova at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Mar 20 23:59:49 UTC 2002

Dear Ms. Davis,

I am not sure if the information below suits NewsNet; just in case.

Sincerely,
Elena Gapova

A new publication on East European women's history:
Gendernye istorii Vostochnoy Evropy
(Gendered histories from Eastern Europe)
Eds. Elena Gapova, Al'mira Usmanova, Andrea Peto

Language: Russian; 416pp.
Publisher: European Humanities University, Minsk

The book comprises texts by 29 authors from 13 nations of Central
and Western Europe and USA and invokes that part of East European history
which can be described as the history of personal as the political or the
political as personal. The book's topics include:
oral history: memory, trauma, narrative;
imagined communitites: gender and nation;
the miserable and the powerless: practices of exclusion;
gender and law;
contemporary history of the gendered individual: rites of transition.

The book is available through East View Publications
(www.eastview.com).