SEELANGS Administrivia - (was Re: Student)

Alex Rudd AHRJJ at CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Fri Mar 22 17:51:31 UTC 2002

On Fri, 22 Mar 2002 10:41:04 -0500 Edward M Dumanis said:
>With all due respect, "to study" even "abroad" has nothing to do with
>verbs "poekhat'" or "byt'" suggested below.

With all due respect, this horse is so dead the flies have stopped
going near it.  Can we stop beating it now?

E-mail is an imperfect medium.  It is often difficult to deal with
the frustration one feels when his words are misunderstood by others,
and even more difficult when one feels he is being told he is wrong
when he feels he is right.  With respect to e-mail in general, and
to this list specifically, the best way to deal with such feelings
is to recognize that even reasonable colleagues may disagree at times,
that maintaining a harmonious and pleasant environment in which to
discuss important matters is more important than winning a skirmish
fought over a minor point, and simply to move on.  I hope you would
all agree.

By the way, while I have your attention, it would be appreciated if
list members continued to be cognizant of our guideline concerning
the amount of quoted text that appears in replies sent to the list.
Many people are still including entire original messages in the body
of replies they send to the list.  If such included text is really
unnecessary for context, it constitutes a misuse of our resources.

For those who have not reviewed our guidelines recently, you can
find them in the Welcome message, which is on our Web site (URL is
below).

Any questions, please let me know off-list.

Thanks.

Alex Rudd                ahrjj at cunyvm.cuny.edu            ARS KA2ZOO
{Standard Disclaimer}    http://home.attbi.com/~lists/seelangs/