Soviet army

Daniel Riniker riniker at PETERLINK.RU
Wed Mar 27 15:09:10 UTC 2002

Dear all,

To your attention a question I received from a friend. Please do reply off-
list to the following address:

laurieanna at hotmail.com

Thank you,
Daniel Riniker
St. Petersburg

"I am still doing research for my Soviet War Veterans article and I have a
question for you: I have a vague idea that there was legislation passed
(after World War II) making it more difficult for Jews in the Soviet
military---I thought I read something by Brodsky on the topic, talking
about his father.
Was this official policy, do you know? And was it in the form of
legislation or law or just something that was understand."