Russian Short Story: Pathologies of the Everyday

Kevin Bray kevin.bray at UTORONTO.CA
Wed Nov 6 23:59:05 UTC 2002

It's not a short story, but you might want to consider screening "A
Window to Paris" ( $B'0'\'_'` (B  $B'S (B  $B'1'Q'b'Z'X (B , I believe).  It is a great
demonstration of the absurdities and less-than-attractive realities of
Russian/Soviet "byt" when they spill over into an unprepared culture,
and it would probably get discussion going in the right direction.  I'm
sure there's a subtitled version widely available, too.

Kevin Bray
University of Toronto