literature about medical issues

Derek Maus mausdc at POTSDAM.EDU
Fri Nov 8 15:32:38 UTC 2002

At 10:59 AM 11/8/02 -0400, you wrote:

>I am a graduate student in the Department of English at Dalhousie University.
>I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some contemporary
>Russian stories/novels which deal specifically with medical issues or employ
>metaphors of health or mortality.

Hi Sarah--

I don't know if this qualifies as either contemporary or the kinds of
medical issues that you're thinking about, but one of Aksyonov's earliest
works -- the povest' KOLLEGI ("Colleagues") -- centers around a group of
stilyagi medical students in the late 1950s. It's hard to find, but I
suspect interlibrary loan could rustle it up for you.

         Derek Maus

Derek Maus
Assistant Professor of English and Communication
SUNY College at Potsdam
244 Morey Hall
Potsdam, NY 13676
(315) 267-2196
mausdc at potsdam.edu

       "Keep cool, but care"

        --McClintic Sphere in Thomas Pynchon's _V._