ambulance query

elana pick creativeserv at ATT.NET
Mon Nov 11 13:42:19 UTC 2002

Hi,

As far as I know it is 03 nationwide.
Regards,
P. Elana

-----Original Message-----
From: Slavic & East European Languages and Literature list
[mailto:SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU] On Behalf Of Benjamin Rifkin
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 8:34 AM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: [SEELANGS] ambulance query

Dear SEELANGers:

For teaching a unit on health and illness, I'm wondering about
whether there is a standard number in Russia akin to our 911 /
ambulance - "skoraia pomoshch'".  I have some students from Russia
who say that 01 is the standard number, but I remember reading
something in Moscow about 511.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

- Ben Rifkin

--
=================
Benjamin Rifkin

Professor of Slavic Languages, Slavic Dept., UW-Madison
1432 Van Hise Hall, 1220 Linden Dr.
Madison, WI  53706 USA
voice: 608/262-1623; fax: 608/265-2814
http://polyglot.lss.wisc.edu/slavic/rifkin/

Director of the Russian School
Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT  05753
voice:  802/443-5533; fax: 802/443-5394
http://www.middlebury.edu/~ls/russian/

                  http://home.attbi.com/~lists/seelangs/