Cash, credit, travelers' checks?: Financial options for students studying abroad?

Ernie Sjogren esjogren at NC.RR.COM
Thu Nov 14 23:51:28 UTC 2002

> Karen Evans-Romaine wrote:
> In Moscow, there is one bank I know of that cashes travellers' checks for
only 1 percent: Vneshtorgbank on Novyj Arbat . . .

There is a Vneshtorgbank listed near Novyj Arbat on the interactive Moscow
map at this webpage:

www.mirkart.ru

>From the Moscow map page (click on the little map above "Moskva" to get
there), checkmark "banki" (below, under "Torgovlja") and refresh the map, or
click on the 'banki' link, which will list all banks, whence you can select
yours for display on the map.  Clicking on the map symbols or streets will
open a little window with (usually) detailed information, such as address.
If your browser has trouble with the map, I would be glad to transcribe the
address.

Regards,

Ernie Sjogren