WORD to PDF conversion

George Gasyna ggasyna at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Tue Oct 1 20:08:19 UTC 2002

Hello SEELANGers,

I wonder if anyone out there might have a solution to this problem: I am
trying to convert Word Doc Files to Adobe PDF. All looks good (footnotes,
spacing, etc), until I look in closer and discover that the Polish
and Czech diacritics from my original somehow refuse to format, so that I
obtain Lodz and Czeslaw Milosz instead of the proper Polish words. Nothing
else was changed or garbled, so it's just that Adobe -- all by itself,
unasked -- decided to efface the
Polishness (or Czechness) of the texts. The digital studio here at U of T
is totally stumped. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!

Best regards,

George Gasyna
Comparative Literature
University of Toronto