WORD to PDF conversion

VANCHU, ANTHONY J. (JSC-AH) (TTI) anthony.j.vanchu1 at JSC.NASA.GOV
Tue Oct 1 21:59:22 UTC 2002

As long as you don't need to have any hyperlinks in that document, the
option Michael Trittipo mentions will work just fine.

If you do need to have hyperlinks in the document, however, there's a more
involved trial-and-error process of turning off various Conversion Settings
in the Acrobat pull-down in Word, something I found out by consulting
Adobe's web-based help.  In general, I've found their web help very useful
for things like this.

Tony Vanchu

Dr. Anthony J. Vanchu
Director, JSC Language Education Center
TechTrans International, Inc.
NASA Johnson Space Center
Houston, TX
Phone:  (281) 483-0644
Fax:  (281) 483-4050

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Trittipo [mailto:tritt002 at MAROON.TC.UMN.EDU]
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 4:50 PM
To: SEELANGS at LISTSERV.CUNY.EDU
Subject: Re: [SEELANGS] WORD to PDF conversion

George Gasyna wrote:

>trying to convert Word Doc Files to Adobe PDF. All looks good (footnotes,
>spacing, etc), until I look in closer and discover that the Polish
>and Czech diacritics from my original somehow refuse to format

Let me guess: you're using the PDF option under Word's File menu or the
PDF button on Word's button bar?  The better route -- and it's preserved
diacritics in Czech for me -- is to still use the pre-Acrobat5 route and
print first to a Postscript file, then use Distiller separately to turn
the *.ps file into a *.pdf one.