AWSS luncheon at AAASS, November 23

Sibelan Forrester sforres1 at SWARTHMORE.EDU
Fri Oct 4 15:22:41 UTC 2002

For all list members who are members of the Association for Women in
Slavic Studies, or who might like to be -- please read and forward to
anyone else who might be interested!

From: Christine D. Worobec <worobec at niu.edu>
Sent: Friday, 4 October, 9:54 a.m. CDST

The Association for Women in Slavic Studies and the AAASS Committee on the
Status of Women in the Profession are hosting a luncheon on Saturday, 23
November 2002, at the AAASS Convention in Pittsburgh.  The luncheon will
begin at 12:30 p.m. (and not 10:15 a.m. as incorrectly stated in the
preliminary
program) in Sterlings 1 in the Hilton Hotel.  The luncheon is a buffet with
a choice of sandwiches, salads, desserts, and beverages.  The ticket price
is $28.35 (including gratuity and taxes).  To purchase a ticket please send
a check made out to the AWSS to Professor Christine Worobec, Department of
History, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL  60115.  Please include
your e-mail address with your check so that receipt of the check can be
acknowledged. You must purchase a ticket in advance.  No tickets will be
sold at the door.  Tickets and receipts can be picked up at the
convention at the AWSS booth in the exhibits area.

At 1:30, the business portion of our meeting will begin.  The business
meeting is open to everyone, including those who do not attend the luncheon.
We will announce our prize winners for this year and conduct any other
business.  Please join us for a fun and relaxing meal!

Christine Ruane
President, AWSS
christine-ruane at utulsa.edu

Christine Worobec