Cyrillic on a PDA - Sharp's Zaurus

Max Pyziur pyz at BRAMA.COM
Sun Oct 6 23:48:14 UTC 2002

Greetings,

This is for those who would be interested in using Cyrillic, in my case
Ukrainian on a PDA (Personal/Portable Digital Assistant).

Recently, I received a Sharp Zaurus as a gift and immediately realized that all
of those floating scraps of paper with addresses, birthdays, driving directions,
etc could be consolidated and maintained on a small 6oz chrome-plated
thingamajig.  But what to do if the address is to Teta O's on Horodotska in Lviv
or Luda the Pilotka's in Kyiv?  If the cabbie can't understand my variant of
1/2-na-piv then I can certainly point to the koordynaty on the Zaurus.  But then
he reads a Cyril and Methodius's stuff.

Fear
 no
  more.

Download the fonts and keyboard choices (Bulgarian, Macedonian, Ukrainian,
Belorussian, and Russian) at
http://www.eqlab.org/english/cyrz.html

Install them and no more will you have betrayed Dukh Kyrylytsi.

Some more details on the Zaurus; it's display and functionality is comprabable
to Compaq's Ipaq, but it easily costs $200 less.  It's operating system is
Linux; most others are either PalmOS or MicrosoftCE/PocketPC for which I can't
vouch.

--
Max Pyziur                                     BRAMA - Gateway Ukraine
pyz at brama.com                                  http://www.brama.com/