zagranitsa

Jack Kollmann jack.kollmann at STANFORD.EDU
Fri Oct 11 16:54:14 UTC 2002

         For what it's worth, I find "zagraniti" (provesti granitsu/zagran'
mezhdu zemel'nymi uchastkami) as of 1635 in "Slovar' russkogo iazyka
xi-xvii vv.," vyp. 5, M. Hauka, 1978.  The multi-volume dictionary of
18th-c. Russian has "zagranichnyi" as a new word or form as of the 18th c.
-- no other other forms cited.  Close, but no cigar?
Jack Kollmann