Dostoevskii

Stephan Harris StephanH at DCEMAIL.COM
Sun Oct 13 01:37:25 UTC 2002

Thanks to those SEELANGS members who helped to link me with the publishers of Yurii Marmeladov’s works on Dostoevskii. After reading his "Tainyi kod" and the Birchbark Press' commentary to "The Landlady", I feel that I’ve been introduced to a literary discovery of major importance, the likely topic for my own dissertation. I highly recommend both these publications to all of you who teach Dostoevskii. For me it was a revelation, a very large body of important symbolic allusions to Elijah and the Russian lore surrounding him – features of Dostoevskii's writing that have escaped scholars' attention from Berdyaev to Frank. For information on these books contact Anna Dranova at the Birchbark Press: wolandusa at yahoo.com
  Stephan Harris