Foreign equivalents of 'logrolling'

Andrew Hicks ah69 at COLUMBIA.EDU
Sat Oct 19 21:47:24 UTC 2002

For a discussion of some literary institutions in the postwar Soviet
Union, I am looking for Russian equivalents of the term 'logrolling,'
or, as the American Heritage defines it, "The exchanging of favors or
praise, as among artists, critics, or academics."  The term can also be
used in a political sense.

The Oxford dictionary translates the term as "politika 'ty mne -ja
tebe'," which smells like a custom coinage.  Would anyone know of
another term?  I would also be interested in equivalents from other
Slavic languages.

Many thanks,

Andy Hicks