"Rossianin"

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere darancourlaferriere at UCDAVIS.EDU
Tue Sep 3 20:36:35 UTC 2002

Dear not so fast,
The higher probability of a specific medical condition in persons who
self-identify with a certain ethnic group does not define that group
biologically.  For example, the same condition may occur in persons of
other groups.  A specific biological marker does not a race make.  I am
aware of the literature in this area.  The human genome project did not
identify a gene for Russians - or for any other etnnic/national groups (and
there are hundreds of them - how could they have missed them all?).

Cheers,
Daniel RL

PS:  What are "THE five races of MAN"?

Daniel Rancour-Laferriere