Special Polish Capitalized Characters

George Gasyna ggasyna at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Tue Sep 3 23:08:14 UTC 2002

Hello,

I am currently editing a number of essays for an upcoming anthology, the
subject of which is Polish-American writers and artists. I need to find a
way to "extract" from my computer (WIN 98, MS WORD 2000) a number of
Polish capital characters, specifically Z with a dot, Z with a slash (like
an "accent aigu" [/]), as well as S and C with same. Do you have any idea
which "ALT +" commands might yield these? For instance, [e with /] is ALT
+ 0233 when one is using a US English Keyboard. IS there even a way to do
this without installing "Central European Fonts" onto Word 2000? Any
advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

George Z. Gasyna
Centre for Comparative Literature
University of Toronto