Translation from Antigone

Francoise Rosset frosset at WHEATONMA.EDU
Wed Sep 25 22:27:43 UTC 2002

A colleague in theatre wants a translation of
 "a fool convicts me of folly."
(ANTIGONE, scene 2, Antigone to Creon:
"You may think me a fool, but a fool convicts me of folly."
It's the famous speech about Zeus's laws etc.)

I don't have the Greek, but I have seen this line translated
as "a fool accuses me of folly," so I  came up with:
"Bezumec obviniaet menia v bezumii."

Question: does someone have a reliable translation of Antigone?
Does anyone know, or know where to look up, the standard Russian
version of this line?

Other suggestions??
Please reply off-list at the address below.
PLEASE transliterate, my e-mail is being font-resistant right now.
Many thanks,
-FR

Francoise Rosset,  Russian and Russian Studies
Wheaton College, Norton, Massachusetts 02766
e-mail: frosset at wheatonma.edu
phone:          (508) 286-3696
fax:            (508) 286-3640