Query: New editions of Russian Stage I and II?

Camelot Marshall marshall at AMERICANCOUNCILS.ORG
Wed Aug 13 15:06:32 UTC 2003

Dear Nicole Monnier and SEELANGs colleagues:

ACTR consulted this morning with Kendall/Hunt publishing to clarify the
question of availability of Live from Moscow and Welcome Back (Stages I and
II).

First, there is no change to the content of the two texts, only to the
packaging.  According to K/H, increasing numbers of students and
universities prefer to receive the video and audio components of the two
texts in DVD and CD ROM formats.   VHS is still available for teachers who
order the teachers manual.

Second, according to K/H, university bookstores who placed orders early on
should already have received their textbook shipments.  However, those
bookstores placing orders after July 7 will receive the new package with
DVD and CD ROM, rather than VHS and cassette tapes.  The texts are
otherwise unchanged.  Live from Moscow (Stage I, Vol. 1) is scheduled to be
completed and shipped on Tuesday, September 2.  Welcome Back! (Stage II)
will be shipped on September 12.

Teachers manuals are available upon request by faculty members.  Regular
faculty members must make requests on behalf of TA's and adjunct faculty.

For those who have classes starting earlier, Kendall/Hunt recognizes the
importance of getting the appropriate materials into the hands of students
in a timely way and is prepared to discuss special arrangements.  Faculty
members should contact Mr. Philip Puckorious, Director of Professional
Education Division, Kendall/Hunt Publishers, 312 527-0460, or e-mail:
ppuckorius at kendallhunt.com.

ACTR and Kendall/Hunt regret the delay caused by orders of these two texts
which were higher than expected.

Sincerely,

Camelot Marshall, Ph.D.
Curriculum and Test Development