t.v. commercials?

Alex a_strat at KHARKOV.COM
Fri Aug 29 04:04:10 UTC 2003

> Dear List Members,
>         Does anyone have any ideas about where a student of mine could obtain
> video copies of contemporary Russian television commercials? She'd like to
> do her honors thesis on depictions of gender roles in commercials.
>         We haven't been able to find streaming video with commmercials on the
> 'web, and we haven't found a commercially produced tape (there is one with
> East European commercials, though). Our university gets Scola and the
> International channel, but none of the Russian programs on those seems to
> have commercials.
>         Thanks for any ideas or leads.
>         --Laura Olson

Dear Laura, those commercials quite short - just few seconds. I live in Kharkov,
Ukraine - we have some Russian TV ads. If you wish, I may record some of them
and send you as mpeg files. What about Ukrainian commercials? Would you like
to see a collection of big board images around my city?

Good luck

Allex S